Friday, July 30, 2010

Day 13 - July 30th

33 weeks 3 days

OH, WHAT A  BLESSED DAY!  Lenwood was moved full time to nasal cannula today.  That means that for a short time each day (about 30 minutes or so) we can HOLD HIM!

What a wonderful feeling!  I wept and soaked in every second.  It was AMAZING!

His weight is up a little...3 pounds 8.8 ounces.  He's still breathing well and remaining on room air settings for his cannula.  He was moved up to 5cc every 3 hours with his feedings.  He's doing ok with this.  he had a little residual (milk remaining in his tummy from the previous feeding) at his noon feeding.  When I visited tonight he had 4cc residual at feeding time.  The nurse removed it and went ahead with his feeding.  When the practitioner stopped by and asked how he was doing I mentioned the residual to her and she said to skip the next feeding to give his tummy a break and see how it goes.  She also reminded me that feedings are the biggest roller coaster with most preemies.  Please keep praying for his tummy to learn how to digest food properly so he can grow, thrive, and come home!

2 comments:

  1. Kristi- You don't know me- but Guy was in my wedding (he and my husband Andrew were best friends). I just found the link on FB to your blog! We are praying for you guys! Go Lenwood, Go!

    Blessings,
    Kimberly Smith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristi,
    So happy you were able to hold that precious little baby!! Lenwood is adorable, love the hair. We're praying for all of you.
    Love,
    Kara

    ReplyDelete