Thursday, July 29, 2010

Day Eleven - July 28th

33 weeks 1 day
Up 5 grams today to 3 lb 6.8 oz.   Lenwood had a big day today.  His billirubin is down even more so they are taking off his light.  No light = No mask covering his sweet face.  They are continuing to rotate between c-pap and cannula for breathing, but are increasing the cannula time.  This is good news.  he's working his way to being full time on the cannula.  His nurse says that he's rested and slept most of the day with minimal crying.  I guess he's exhausted from being so upset yesterday.  I'm glad he's resting today especially since I haven't been there much.
Today was my first "Conrad and Teague Day."  I've decided once a week to spend the whole day (at least until nap time) with Conrad and Teague.  They have me for little spurts each day, but I feel it's important for them to do something normal and fun with Mommy at least once a week.  It was bittersweet.  I had a really fun day of playing and ice cream with the boys.  It was so nice to do something normal for a change, but I missed Lenwood so much.  It was so wonderful to see him during the late afternoon visitation time. 
His neonatologist came by this evening and wants to go to 2 hours cannula and 2 hours c-pap for his breathing rotation.  He's also getting his first feeding tonight.  He'll get 3cc of milk every 3 hours.  He has a tube running to his belly that they'll feed him through so he won't actually taste it yet.  Please pray for successful feedings.  I'm very nervous about this step.  Teague had a lot of tummy issues when he began eating.  I know they are different children, but I am scared that Lenwood will have the same difficulties.  Praying hard that he doesn't.
Sleepy little boy

We did have some bad (but not terrible) news.  He had a head ultrasound that revealed a small brain hemorrhage on the right side.  It was a very small bleed and the doctor isn't concerned at all.  Brain hemorrhages are very common in preemies.  Conrad and Teague never had one so it's new to us.  The grade them on a scale of 1 to 4 with one being the smallest.  Lenwood's is a one.  These typical resolve themselves and show no problems afterward.  They'll recheck it with another ultrasound in a few weeks.
Thank you all for your prayers!  Please keep them coming.  This little miracle is working so hard to get better.  I know God is listening to every prayer sent up!  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment