Thursday, July 29, 2010

Day Five - July 22nd

32 weeks 2 days
After a very scary start to the week, things seem to be turning around for Mr. Lenwood.He got his first bath and new weight last night. He was 4 lb. 10 oz when born and they drew 10 oz. fluid off his tummy. His new weight at 5 days old is 3 pounds 6 ounces. He's still on the ventilator, but they have been able to continually reduce the settings each day. His tummy is measuring 27 1/2 cm. It was 33 cm at birth before they removed the fluid.

Conrad and Teague keep asking to see Lenwood. Only parents are allowed to visit and grandparents on Saturday. His grandparents haven't even seen him yet. So, today I made a video of Lenwood. I played it for Conrad and Teague when I got home. They were so excited!

I was discharged from the hospital today. There really aren't words to describe what it's like to go home without your baby. But I know that I will eventually get to bring him home and that's such a blessing. Coming home to Conrad and Teague made it easier. I've missed them so much and it was so good to sit, snuggle, and read with them. How wonderful it will be when I can do that with all three of them together.

No comments:

Post a Comment