Friday, August 20, 2010

August 20th

Promise I'll get some complete updates in here soon, but right now these quick updates are the best I can do.    Our visit to Lenwood last night was really difficult.  It was heart breaking to have to suit up from head to toe to touch your child.  He was not acting well either.  He wouldn't take his bottle and then spit up more than he'd drank.  They felt it was just that he was worn out from all the extra activities (tests, moving rooms/beds, getting transfusion, etc.), but it still worries a  mom sick.    They decided to feed him by tube during the night to let him rest.  When I called at midnight he had perked up and  was so alert that his nurse decided to give him his bottle.  He did great with it.  I've talked to them several times since and he's continued to do well with his bottle and hasn't had any bradys.  Continued prayers that diagnosing and treating the reflux in combination with getting the blood transfusion will give him the strength he needs to get over whatever he has and get well enough to come home.  It gets harder everyday not to have him here.
Today is Mommy Day with Conrad and Teague so we're off to try to have some fun.  My heart is elsewhere today, but I'm trying.  I love and adore these three boys so much and it's killing me to have them separated.  We are so ready to have our family together.  I know it's in God's hands and I trust him to do what is needed for everyone in our family, but some days it hurts more than others.  The last few days have been those kind of days.  However, I am thankful that Lenwood got sick before he came home and not after.  he is in wonderfully capable hands there and I know they will, with God's guidance, heal him and make him strong to have a full, healthy life when he comes home.

No comments:

Post a Comment