Monday, August 16, 2010

Day 25 - August 11th

35 weeks 1 day
Weight 4 lb 6 oz - increase of 50 grams

When I arrived today Lenwood was wide awake. I help him for a while.  He watched me so intently for a long time and then fell asleep.  I rocked him as he slept a while.  As I was going to put him in his isolette to sleep and stay warm, he very clearly filled his diaper with poop.  So, I had to change him.  This, of course, woke him up.  I tried to coerce him back to sleep to no avail.  So I thought I could go to the lactation room to pump and he'd probably fall asleep if I wasn't there for him to watch,  When I returned he was still awake and his nurse said he was the whole time.  I felt so bad.  It was almost time to elave, but I asked if I could rock him and try to get him back to sleep.  He'd been awake a long time and I was afraid he was going to get too tired to do all the work he has to do.  Almost immediately when I picked him up he got still and began dozing off.   I'm so glad he knows Mommy and enjoys his Mommy time as much as I do.

They are increasing his feeding to 37 cc every 3 hours and he can take 3 bottles per day.  His nurse said he did well with his last bottle.  Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment